The Chalet on Kootenai Bay is the PERFECT family reunion home offering a 3 story main house and separate guest house. Spread out amongst 5 private bedrooms, plus additional sleeping areas, 4 1/2 baths, on 1 acre manicured lawn with 80′ of private waterfront, dock and boat lift. Ideal for multiple families, family reunions or couples traveling together. Sleeps 18-20![expand title=”More…” swaptitle=”Close”]
Located in the family-friendly Ponder Point neighborhood, Chalet on Kootenai Bay is designed to allow a larger families to vacation together comfortably. A 4,400 square foot, 3 story, main house embodies a European Chalet design and includes: 4 private bedrooms, great room, game room, 2 kitchens, ample deck and outdoor living space and a large hot tub. A separate guest house provides an additional kitchen, private bedroom, bath and family room — with additional sleeping areas too!
Watch the kids frolic and play on a huge, manicured lawn that gently slopes down to a TREX dock and new Sunstream boat lift. Sun yourself on the south facing deck. Cast for rainbow trout from the dock or ‘hit it’ water skiing or wake surfing in the warm waters of Kootenai Bay. Explore Boyer Slough, watching bald eagles and ospreys dive to catch a fresh fish meal. All this and you’re still just 3 miles from downtown Sandpoint and 11 miles to Schweitzer Mountain.
Walk past the foyer into an enormous Great Room with windows that soar up 24’ — offering truly panoramic views of Lake Pend Oreille. A gourmet kitchen, with granite countertops, double ovens, separate cooktop and entertainment bar area — is fully appointed. A main floor master bedroom has a king bed with luxury linens and an expansive bath and dressing area with two vanities, shower, jacuzzi tub and large walk-in closet.
Upstairs you’ll find 2 private bedrooms, plus 2 ‘alcove’ areas – one with a twin daybed and trundle and the other setup as an office (with high speed WiFi of course). ALL will enjoy the family ‘game’ room with HD TV, ping pong and foosball tables — where you’ll find an additional twin day bed and trundle.
The lower level houses another family room with separate queen bedroom and a second kitchen. How nice to have an area for additional privacy — perfect for early risers, nanny or caretakers or energetic and ravenous teenagers. Enjoy a soak in the hot tub located just outside.
The charming guest house is a separate and fully operational second home, including full kitchen, large family room, separate bedroom with queen bed, full bath and laundry area.
All bedrooms and baths have been updated with luxury linens and towels. In addition, for 2016 air conditioning, hot tub, and a new boat lift have all been added to make this home a complete luxury vacation home for you to enjoy.
FeaturesClick an item to view properties with similar features.
5 Private bedrooms, plus additional beds
- Main floor Master with King bed
- Guest bedroom #2 upstairs with Queen bed
- Guest bedroom #3 upstairs with Queen bed
- Family room upstairs has twin daybed with twin trundle
- Alcove area upstairs has twin daybed with trundle
- Guest bedroom #4 downstairs with Queen bed
- Guest bedroom #5 (in guesthouse) with Queen bed
- Guest house family room has twin bed, plus 2 couches that convert to 2 single beds
- Queen aero bed provided
4 BATHROOMS, 1 HALF BATHROOM
- Master bath has double vanity, jacuzzi tub, shower, toilet and large walk in closet
- 1/2 bath off Great room
- Full bathroom upstairs with tub/shower combination
- Full bathroom downstairs with tub/shower combination
- Full bathroom in Guest House with shower
- Coffee Makers in all 3 kitchens
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher (3)
- Microwave (3)
- Oven - double oven in Gourmet kitchen; single oven in Guest House
- Pantry Items (flour, sugar, oil, spices, foil, plastic wrap, etc)
- Refrigerators (3)
- Stove (2)
- Slow cooker
- Large dining room table seats 8
- Additional seating at kitchen counter
- Outside tables and chairs for al fresco dining
- Professional housecleaning upon departure
- Additional maid services upon request
- Ideal family reunion home or larger groups
- Ideal for couples traveling together
- 3 kitchens
- Main house has 3 levels
- Separate guest house
- Private dock with boat lift
- Hot tub
- Great family/game room upstairs with ping pong and foosball tables
152 S Kootenai Bay Road, Sandpoint, ID